Home-made strawberry lemonade is a great drink for the summer heat. Of course, it is better to cook it from fresh strawberries, and from ripe, sweet and fragrant. And for a refreshing note, you definitely need to add a little fresh mint. Lemon juice will give the right acidity so that the drink does not turn out too sugary. Using a recipe with step by step photos, you can easily prepare delicious lemonade.
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l.,
- strawberries - 250 g
- lemon juice - 2 tbsp. l.,
- mint leaves - 6-7 pcs.,
- water - 400 ml.
How to Make Strawberry Mint Lemonade
For lemonade, you need to boil sugar syrup. To do this, pour sugar in a saucepan or stewpan. Dilute with water, put on fire and cook for 5 minutes after boiling water. Sugar crystals should completely dissolve.
Wash fresh strawberries, tear sepals.
Fold the berry in a large glass or cup, mashed with an immersion blender.
Peel the mint leaves, wash and dry. Transfer to a glass with strawberry puree and chop all together.
Pour sugar syrup into a glass, add lemon juice and mix well. If the lemonade is too thick, you can additionally dilute it with water.
Pour lemonade into glasses, garnish with slices of lemon and strawberries, then serve. You can drop 2-3 ice cubes into each glass.
But even in winter you can drink such a drink if you prepare fresh strawberries and sugar for the winter.
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
This lemonade is quite saturated, as it is prepared on the basis of puree from strawberries and lemons. We start with the preparation of strawberries - the fresh berry must be well washed, peeled from the green "tails", let the strawberries drain and cut into halves - this is if the fruits are large.
I have two large lemons, and it is advisable to do this with hot water. Wipe the fruits with a towel and cut into four parts. If you wish, you can use lime instead of lemon, but they can be slightly bitter - consider this fact.
Step by step recipe with photo
Homemade lemonade is much healthier than purchased, yet it does not have any colorings or preservatives. And to prepare this drink is quite simple. Lemonade can be made from fresh seasonal berries or use freezing. I decided to make strawberry lemonade, it turned out not only tasty and fragrant, but also very beautiful and bright.
To make homemade lemonade, I took frozen strawberries and thawed it beforehand. The juice from the berries did not drain, it perfectly complemented my strawberry lemonade. You can take any sparkling water.
Wash lemon and scald with boiling water. Pour filtered water into a saucepan, add sugar and put on fire. Boil the sugar mixture for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and cool completely.
Place strawberries in the blender bowl with the juice that has stood out. If you use fresh berries, then wash them and dry. Squeeze juice from one lemon and add to strawberries. Beat strawberries with lemon juice until smooth.
Pour sugar syrup, berry puree and sparkling water into the pan. Mix everything well. Before serving, add pieces of ice to the carafe and pour in our lemonade.
Serve strawberry lemonade. For children, I pour lemonade into small bottles and put in cocktail tubes.
Ingredients for Homemade Strawberry Lemonade:
- strawberries - 500 grams,
- lemon or lime - 2 large fruits,
- sugar sand or honey - 100-150 grams,
- drinking water - about 1.5 liters,
- ice cubes for cooling,
- mint leaves for decoration.
As a sweetener, you can use both honey and sugar. Vary their number to your taste - it depends on your preferences and on the sweetness of the strawberries themselves. A prescription usually goes about half a glass. You can also add a little fresh ginger root to your cocktail, thereby enhancing the taste and usefulness of the drink.
We lay the prepared berries and fruits in a bowl of a food processor or in a deep convenient container, add honey or sugar, pour 2 cups of water and thoroughly “interrupt” into a homogeneous mass. You can by the way use a conventional hand blender or chopper. The resulting fruit and berry puree is ground through a metal sieve.
In the resulting smoothie, so to speak, add the rest of the water and mix everything thoroughly - lemonade can be considered ready! And now we taste it, if it’s not sweet enough for you - we add sugar or put an additional portion of honey and mix the drink again. Now you just need to pour our summer cocktail into glasses, add ice and, if desired, garnish with a sprig of mint and slices of ripe strawberries.
Strawberry Lemonade - Home Recipe
The second recipe for strawberry lemonade is prepared using the same ingredients, the weight and quantity of which you can leave the same, or you can double it, because anyway, someone will definitely ask for supplements 🙂. We need - strawberries, lime or lemon, mint, water, sugar and ice to serve.
This version of the preparation of lemonade with strawberries allows us to maintain the “solo” taste and aroma of our favorite summer berries, and will be as simple as in the first (see above) recipe.
Strawberry Lemonade with Lemon and Mint
This lemonade can be called sparkling, because for its preparation we will need mineral water, preferably highly carbonated.
Another noticeable difference from the previous two recipes is that we will not use the whole lemons (or limes), but only take their juice, but we need more fruits.
We start cooking - with my strawberries, remove the pedicels and cut each berry into two pieces, if they are large, small can be cooked whole.
Ingredients for Strawberry Lemonade with Lemon and Mint:
- strawberries - 300-400 grams,
- lemons or limes for juice - 5 pieces,
- sugar sand or honey to taste,
- drinking water - 4-5 glasses,
- crumb ice to serve,
- mint leaves for decoration.
By the way, for this recipe, strawberry lemonade with lemon and mint is perfect for both fresh strawberries and frozen berries. So we interrupt the strawberries with a blender until a smoothie is formed. Squeeze the juice of our washed lemons and combine it with strawberry puree and honey (or sugar). Once again, we carefully interrupt everything and send it to a convenient decanter for lemonade.
Pour the resulting aromatic mass with chilled mineral water and mix gently with a long spoon. The drink is ready - pour it into glasses, add ice in the form of crumbs or cubes, decorate with fresh mint leaves and drink with pleasure! My family just loves this drink not with ice cubes, but with ice crumbs - we are preparing such strawberry lemonade with lemon and mint for summer children's parties in the fresh air - after outdoor games - the glasses are empty in a minute! And, by the way, if you are preparing drinks for adults, then try adding a little tequila and orange juice to your strawberry lemonade - you get a strawberry Margarita cocktail.
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade with Basil
p, blockquote 4,0,0,1,0 ->
p, blockquote 5,0,0,0,0 ->
- We wash the basil, shake off drops of water. Separate the leaves of the plant from the stems and lower them into the blender bowl.
- From the washed strawberries we tear off green "tails". If the berry is large, cut into 2 parts, then add to the basil. For the preparation of lemonade, you do not need to choose the most beautiful strawberry - it is also slightly crumpled here, because in the end we will turn it into mashed potatoes anyway. But in any case, be sure to sort out the berry, do not allow spoiled, rotten or unripe specimens to get into the drink.
- Turn on the blender and grind the contents of the bowl. It is not necessary to achieve perfect uniformity - it’s okay if there are basil inclusions in the total mass.
- We shift the strawberry-basil puree into a heat-resistant dish, pour a liter of boiling water.
- Add sugar to the hot liquid, stir. The dosage depends on the natural sweetness of the berries and on how sweet lemonade you want to get. For moderate sweetness and a refreshing taste, 4 tbsp is enough. tablespoons, for a sweeter version, the portion can be increased.
- Squeeze the juice out of half the lemon using a juicer - we need 2-3 tbsp. spoons. For now, remove the citrus juice to the side, and add the peel to the hot drink. We cover the dishes with a lid and let the liquid cool completely.
- Filter the cooled drink through a sieve, you can twice. We get rid of lemon peel, particles of berry and basil. Add lemon juice to the strained mixture.
- Before serving, remove the strawberry lemonade for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator. To make the drink more attractive in appearance, we throw a few cloves of strawberries and a couple of fresh basil leaves. If desired, add ice cubes so that the liquid further cools and quenches thirst.
Strawberry lemonade with basil is ready! Have a nice tasting!