Dark butter is made by heating normal butter (slightly above the melting point) until the solid particles of milk in the butter begin to darken, releasing a fabulous aroma of hazelnut. Dark butter can be used in a variety of recipes, as a tasty nutty alternative to regular butter. It is easy to cook, if you have the ability, since cooking requires a keen eye and accurate timing.
Cooking in steps:
We will prepare homemade butter from fresh cold fat cream. Take 500 ml, for example.
We install the plastic knife nozzle in the bowl of the combine and pour half the cream into it. You can beat with a mixer at high speeds.
Turn on the device and monitor the process. At the beginning (in 2-3 minutes) you will have whipped cream - do not stop the process.
Gradually (after a couple of minutes) the serum will begin to separate, and then the oil will completely beat to the walls of the bowl.
That's what we got - butter and whey (the so-called buttermilk). Beat the second portion of cream in a similar way.
We shift everything into a sieve, substitute a bowl for whey under it. The oil will remain in the sieve, and all the whey will drain into a bowl. I also advise you to gently squeeze the oil with a spoon in order to squeeze them out of the serum to the maximum.
Actually, that’s all cooking homemade butter. We shift it into parchment, make a briquette shape and store it in a refrigerator or freezer.
From 500 ml of homemade fatty cream, 121 grams of homemade butter and about 1.5 cups of whey were obtained. Do not pour it out, but prepare delicious pancakes and bake something delicious.
Homemade cream butter is delicious and healthy!
- - Beat butter with a blender.
- - After you have prepared the butter, you can give it different flavors and aromas, adding sprats, herring, herbs, garlic, cocoa powder and everything that your heart desires, crushed in a blender.
- - During the preparation of the oil, salt is added as desired, the cream butter without salt tastes sweet
- - Sometimes, after the whipping process, the oil is washed in order to give it a lighter white color. Then, as described in the recipe, it is drained and rolled into balls.
- - In the same way you can make butter from sour cream. It is desirable that sour cream is not salty and oily.
- - Sometimes, in order to give the butter an acidity, sour yogurt without additives is added to the cream before whipping.